My name's Amelia Hruby.*
I live in Chicago & at any given time I'm probably:
- working on my dissertation on aesthetics and feminism
- teaching classes about big ideas and critical thinking to college students
- traveling, interviewing, and recording for my podcast Fifty Feminist States
- writing weekly feminist mantras
- making plans for the fourth wave of feminism with Sister
- hanging out with Wilco (...my cat, not the band)
In the past, you could find me:
- mentoring underrepresented students applying to graduate school
- DJing a radio show called Girl Power Hour on CHIRP Radio
- supporting creative women entrepreneurs with Forth Chicago
- editing a zine of brilliant feminist authors & artists
If you're interested in working, teaching, or writing together...
*That's pronounced 'hroobee' or 'huh-ruby' or just 'ruby' if you're my grandmother.