My name's Amelia Hruby.*
I live in Chicago & at any given time I'm probably:
- working on my dissertation on aesthetics and feminism
- teaching classes about big ideas and critical thinking to college students
- mentoring underrepresented students applying to graduate school
- DJing a radio show (Tuesdays 6-9am) called Girl Power Hour on CHIRP Radio
- loving on ladybosses for Forth Chicago
- editing a zine of brilliant feminist authors & artists
- sharing stories and feelings on my blog here
- learning to cook delicious food
- hanging out with Wilco (...my cat, not the band)
If you're interested in working, teaching, or writing together...
*That's pronounced 'hroobee' or 'huh-ruby' or just 'ruby' if you're my grandmother.